- Vanadium, dichlorodi-pi-cyclopentadienyl
Pale green crystals or green powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear a NIOSH-approved half face respirator equipped with an organic vapor/acid gas cartridge (specific for organic vapors, HCl, acid gas and SO2) with a dust/mist filter.
If you spill this chemical, FIRST REMOVE ALL SOURCES OF IGNITION, then dampen the solid spill material with toluene, then transfer the dampened material to a suitable container. Use absorbent paper dampened with toluene to pick up any remaining material. Your contaminated clothing and absorbent paper should be sealed in a vapor-tight plastic bag for eventual disposal. Solvent-wash all contaminated surfaces with toluene followed by washing with a soap and water solution. Do not reenter the contaminated area until the Safety Officer (or other responsible person) has verified that the area has been properly cleaned.
Incompatible with acids and bases Incompatible with oxidizing agents.
Fires involving this compound can be controlled using a dry chemical, carbon dioxide or Halon extinguisher.
This material is probably combustible.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Highly toxic, may be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through skin. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Avoid any skin contact. See Inhalation.
Some heavy metals are VERY TOXIC POISONS, especially if their salts are very soluble in water (e.g., lead, chromium, mercury, bismuth, osmium, and arsenic). IMMEDIATELY call a hospital or poison control center and locate activated charcoal, egg whites, or milk in case the medical advisor recommends administering one of them. Also locate Ipecac syrup or a glass of salt water in case the medical advisor recommends inducing vomiting. Usually, this is NOT RECOMMENDED outside of a physician'NG. IMMEDIATELY transport the victim to a hospital.
IMMEDIATELY leave the contaminated area; take deep breaths of fresh air. IMMEDIATELY call a physician and be prepared to transport the victim to a hospital even if no symptoms (such as wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, or burning in the mouth, throat, or chest) develop. Provide proper respiratory protection to rescuers entering an unknown atmosphere. Whenever possible, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) should be used.
IMMEDIATELY flood affected skin with water while removing and isolating all contaminated clothing. Gently wash all affected skin areas thoroughly with soap and water. If symptoms such as redness or irritation develop, IMMEDIATELY call a physician and be prepared to transport the victim to a hospital for treatment.
First check the victim for contact lenses and remove if present. Flush victim's eyes with water or normal saline solution for 20 to 30 minutes while simultaneously calling a hospital or poison control center. Do not put any ointments, oils, or medication in the victim's eyes without specific instructions from a physician. IMMEDIATELY transport the victim after flushing eyes to a hospital even if no symptoms (such as redness or irritation) develop.
I; II; III