Fine colorless crystals.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
R 24/25 26 48/25
S 22 28.1 36/37 45
Reproductive Effector; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
84 - 87
Solubility in water
1.5204 (82 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from light and air.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents - acid chlorides - acid anhydrides.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Chronic ingestion may cause effects similar to those of acute ingestion.
May be fatal if swallowed. May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May cause kidney damage. May cause cardiac disturbances. Ingestion may lead to mental retardation.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2936 29 90