Light pink powder.
Chemical probe to study insulin-activated hexose transport.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
150 - 152
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.232 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store at 20 C away from incompatible substances.
Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing including lab coat, safety goggles, gloves and NIOSH-approved respirator.Avoid contact of material with skin or eyes. Mechanical ventilation or local exhaust as needed to control exposure to dust, vapors or mists. Access to a safety shower and eye-wash.
A qualified industrial hygienist should evaluate the need for respiratory protection. Use respiratory protection approved by NIOSH (or equivalent) and appropriate to the hazard.
Collect in a manner that does not create dust and place in a suitable waste container. Avoid contact of material with skin or eyes. Use adequate ventilation.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents
Hazardous decomposition products may include carbon and nitrogen oxides and/or Hydrogen Chloride fumes and vapors. Hazardous polymerization will not occur.
Use media suitable to extinguish the supporting or surrounding fire. Wear NIOSH (or equivalent) approved self contained breathing apparatus. For small fires only: use carbon dioxide, dry powder or foam.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Chronic ingestion or excessive dosage may cause irritation to the mouth, throat and gastrointestinal tract. Ingestion of large amounts may cause ataxia, urine discoloration and peripheral sensory neuropathy.
May cause irritation to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
Contact may cause flushing, irritation and/or allergic reaction. Reddening, itching and inflammation may result.
Contact may cause irritation with redness, tearing and blurred vision.
Drink water and seek immediate medical attention. Avoid alcoholic beverages. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Remove the victim from exposure and move to fresh air. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. Keep victim quiet and warm. Seek immediate medical attention.
Flush with water, then wash thoroughly with soap and water. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Seek medical attention if irritation persists.
Flush with water for 15 minutes. Seek medical advice if irritation persists.