Xylidine ponceau 2R
- Food Red 5
- Acid Red 26
- Naphthalene Lake Scarlet R
- Paper Red HRR
- Xylidine Red
- 4-(2,4-Dimethylphenylazo)-3-hydroxy-2,7-naphthalenedisulfonic acid, disodium salt
Dark red crystals or red powder.
Food & drug colorants.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Use only in a chemical fume hood. Wash clothing before reuse. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear chemical goggles. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Wash area with soap and water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
This material is probably combustible.
May cause cancer according to animal studies. Chronic exposure may cause liver damage. Potential cancer hazard.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
Harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause irritation of the mucous membranes.
May cause skin irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Exposure may cause dermatitis and sensitization.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Discard contaminated clothing in a manner which limits further exposure.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.